Beauty School Admissions Requirements
The Salinas Beauty College has not entered into an articulation or transfer agreement with another school. The School admits as regular students any person 16 years or older; we do not discriminate in our employment, admission, instruction or graduation policies on the basis of sex, age (except the 18 year old minimum age), race, color, religion or ethnic origin, nor does it recruit students who are attending another cosmetology school. The school encourages students to review the catalog and School Performance Fact Sheet prior to signing an enrollment agreement. The school requires that each student enrolling in the cosmetology program must:
The school requires that each student enrolling in the cosmetology program must:
Additional Information for Beauty School Admissions
1. If the student has not been in school for over five (5) years, it is necessary to complete the total course.
2. If the student has not been in school for over a year, but less than five (5) years, if he/she wishes to keep his/her hours, he/she must be evaluated. The student will be expected to pay at the rate of a regular student, less the equipment and books already owned and are updated. No student will be enrolled for less than 400 hours.
3. If the student has been Withdrawn for one reason or another within the past year, unless she is terminated for conduct reasons, he/she shall refer to # 2. In any case, no student will be enrolled for less than 400 hours.
4. If the student has completed 1600 hours within the last year, but has not completed the Exit Exams or owes the school money and wishes to sit for the exam, we will not send the State Board Exam Application or the Proof of Training. The student may come back, free of charge, for one month during which time he/she must sit for the Exit Exams; if he/she passes the exams and all fees have been paid we will forward the Proof of Training and Application to the State Board.
5. Credit Evaluations: New students from another school that transfer into the Salinas Beauty College and returning SBC students will start with “0” hours and be evaluated at the same schedule as any other new student except that their contract length will be adjusted for the remaining hours needed to complete the program. Appropriate credit will be granted for prior training or experience upon review and evaluation by school officials and the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.
In the event the student does not pass the exams we will design a new Enrollment Agreement to meet the determined need — including an end date. The student will be expected to pay at the rate of a regular student ($ 8.00 per hour), less the equipment and books already owned and are updated. There will be an additional charge (at the above rate) if the student goes beyond the designated end date above. When our exams have been passed and all fees have been paid we will forward the Proof of Training and Application to the State Board.